Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Look Ahead...2008

Julie's goals have really made me think about what I want to accomplish this year. Days seem to drift by, and it's hard for me to think of goals as I did when I was working. I discussed it a little with Matt, but I'm still having a hard time putting anything together.

House: I would love to get the basement finished. Joshua and Caleb have already decided that they each want a room down there. Matt has finished the sheetrock, so now it's on to painting.
Education: Joshua and I are rounding the curve on our 1st grade curriculum. Math seems to be most troublesome to him. He just doesn't seem to like stretching his brain. If he has to do a worksheet that requires some deep thinking, he freaks out. Funny thing is though, once he quits freaking out, he can do it perfectly. Reading is coming along very well. I would like to get him tested for reading level. I am also looking into a local private school for some extra classes for him.
Family: Thinking about family planning, it would seem that we need to be getting ready for baby #4. Although I feel that I do want #4, I just don't have the feeling that I am ready yet. So, it doesn't look like we will have a new addition in 2008, but maybe in early to mid-2009.
Travel: We have several trips upcoming. Matt plans to attend a conference in St. Simon's in May and in Orlando in June, and we'll tag along. We are planning to attend a family reunion in Nebraska in May also. We would love to do an anniversary trip in the summer, but childcare is TBD. I have picked out a 5 day cruise that would be perfect. Nothing too extravagant, but it would be a nice getaway.
Service: I'll continue working with the youth on Wed night and the preschool on Sunday mornings at church. Matt and I are VBS directors again this year, so we'll need to start working on that soon. I plan to continue volunteering with MOPS and First Steps this year also.

I guess that's all that I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more to come. I need to add scrapbooking back into the mix somewhere!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Good luck with all of your plans for 2008, it's great to be able to write them down and then look back at the end of the year. Plus so much better than "resolutions" that always tend to get broken.

I haven't been brave enough to share this on my blog yet, so I'll bury it here but I am contemplating a 3rd and possibly leaving the workforce some time next year for a while. All things I never thought I would say, so we are still discussing all the pros & cons :)

Kathleen said...

Hey Debbie. I so enjoyed reading your latest blogs. You write so well, and I love all the details. Sorry my posts aren't as detailed or as frequent. I just don't have time... So, maybe a 4th, huh? You're much braver than I. I don't know when I'll get up my nerve to have a 2nd. Not for a while yet.

Anyway...hope 2008 is treating you well.