Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action!

Thursday was a busy night for all of us. Caleb had his year end "graduation", and Matt and Joshua had their dress rehearsal for Tom Sawyer. Joshua also had his last soccer game for the season, but we had to miss it. :-(
I felt like the ultimate project manager! We ate dinner and off Caleb, Luke, and I went with Mom and Chris to the graduation. Matt and Joshua went to the theater. David and Jean met us at the graduation and when it was over, they took Luke home with them while the rest of us went to the dress rehearsal. After the dress rehearsal, I went to David and Jean's to pick up Luke. Then, we managed to get everyone in bed!
Caleb's graduation was really cute. They had all the kids dressed up like puppies. I think if we'd had this kind of class at my high school, I would have loved it. The high school kids have done a wonderful job working with the preschoolers. It gives them hands-on experience in the field of early education, wouldn't that look good on a college application? Caleb missed PE one day last week, because he was working so hard painting his spots on his t-shirt. Here is a picture of my little pup!The dress rehearsal for Tom Sawyer was really good, and I could tell that the 30+ kids (and the few adults) had put a lot of work into the show. Matt has grown out his beard and mustache to look very much the part, and we are very anxious to cut it off. Here is Joshua in the church scene.Here is Matt as Judge Thatcher in the court scene. Look at those "mutton chops" and the handlebar mustache!
Here is the cast at curtain call. Joshua is the one next to the end on the left. He was the youngest of the boys. Matt is at center with "Mrs. Thatcher."

2 comments:

Takoma Volpe said...

Wow, Debbie! What a night! I love that Matt and Joshua have been able to be in the play together - I used to act in middle school and I loved it, Im sure they do, too.

I can't believe I haven't seen you in so many years - let's plan a girl's weekend sometime this summer.

Love, Laura

Amanda said...

What a talented and well rounded family!