One of my dear friends at work, who is now a manager, called me the other day practically begging me to come back to work. They are two under headcount, plus two more just left to take jobs with other companies. Matt and I discussed it, and we decided that this would be an pretty good time to go back, at least for a while. I'm thinking like maybe six months, until they can get more people hired. I'm going to be working as a temporary (almost like a contract employee) up to 20 hours per week. I'm not sure what I'll do when school starts back up again, but I guess we'll be flexible. I'm a little nervous about it all, so if you have a chance say a little prayer for me!
7 comments:
Good luck and all goes well. And give yourself a pat on the back...you are valuable to their organization obviously :) So when it's time for school you do what you need to do first and Ethicon will adjust!!
Will definitely pray for you. Keep us posted.
Debbie - That sounds fantastic! (to me) I'll definitely pray for you especially with the school situation, but in the meantime, try to enjoy the technical discussions. :)
- Laura (who is desperately missing adult/technical discussions)
Good luck Debbie! I think it is great to have a shorter term part-time opportunity. Just enough to satisfy that intellectual side that us Techies can't escape but yet still have enough time with the family.
Best of luck! It just goes to show how valuable you are so give yourself a pat on the back!
How's it going Debbie, haven't heard from you in a while...
Hey Debbie! How's the return to work going? Keep us posted.
Post a Comment