Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Out of Gas!!!!

Yes, we really are out of gas around here! I sat in line for 20 minutes today, and when I got to the pump and put in my credit card, the screen started blinking "ALL PUMPS STOPPED". I was afraid that my card had shut the pump down, but then they announced that they were out of gas. I didn't even get one drop! At least I still have 1/4 tank. The news is now saying that this should ease by the end of the week. I saw another station run out of gas from the time that I passed taking Joshua to school and came back by afterwards. I saw one other station with a line out into the road. Lastly, I saw about 10 stations completely out. I can manage probably for the rest of the week with 1/4 tank, but I think of those in Atlanta that have long commutes. I wonder how they are getting around!

2 comments:

Jules said...

I couldn't believe it when I first started hearing the stories because we haven't felt any of that out west. Hope it eases up soon! I know most of our staff in the Alpharetta office are working from home for now until gas is available again.

Amanda said...

We found lots of gas once we crossed into Hall County on our way to Athens Sat night...but as for around our house and Alpharetta it's been scarce. Thank goodness I can go 2 weeks on one tank since I don't get out much! Marsh has had to endure the lines.