October has come and gone like most of my recent months. We have been enjoying the weather, crazy as it has been. It was warm in the 70s today, but last week we had snow flurries in the morning. Sounds like Colorado!
We have been trying to fit in all the usual October activities. We carved a pumpkin...Star Wars style. We tried to roast the pumpkin seeds, but the boys weren't crazy about them. They loved the pumpkin guts though.

We took the Youth group to see Judgment House at the local church. They said that they had over 1000 people come through during the run. It's a walk through drama with an eternal message. It was great, and I know the folks running it must be exhausted, 5 late nights in a row. We enjoyed two fall festivals and a pumpkin party at the boys' preschool. Yum, cotton candy!
Joshua had his end of the season football banquet. The boys were able to get together and visit one last time. I was surprised the other day when Joshua said that he would play football again, if he could play with all the same team mates. So, despite only winning one game, the friendships he gained meant more to him. I was pleased to hear him say it, but it's back to soccer come spring. :-)
We dressed up the boys Friday evening and set out in search of candy. It was supposed to be a quick thing...Mimi's, Nana and Papa's, Chris', and Grandma's. Well, it turned into more of night than I had planned. Mimi wanted us to go to her friend's house, then Grandma's neighbor wanted us to come over, and her other neighbor times 3. No longer do people give one piece of candy each, it's more like a ziploc bag full of candy for each child! We have so much candy that I think I need to donate some of it. Luke keeps climbing up on the counter and helping himself!
Here are my little heroes...

1 comment:
Cute little super heroes! Your October sounded like ours, busy, busy :) Hope you have a great November!
Post a Comment