We have been running from one activity to another all this month. I'm so excited for this next week as we have very little planned! We have finished school, both preschool and Joshua's 2nd grade. Here comes summer!
Joshua played soccer again this season. He definitely likes soccer better than football, so we plan to continue that in the fall. Caleb will also be playing in the fall, and he is looking forward to it.
Joshua worked very hard with his school to produce "The Secret Garden". The kids did a great job with all the singing and the lines. Joshua enjoyed all the friends he made, but he did feel it was a little too time consuming for his taste. He finished his school year with a field day with all the kids, and again he really enjoyed this time with them. At the awards ceremony, he was given the award for piano. We were very excited and proud of him!
The boys (including Matt) have been working hard on a new fort. They are currently working on weaving branches for the walls. I've been impressed with their work!
We were able to get the cousins together for a cookout at Nana and Papa's house. We love when we get to see them and spend time together.
We made our trip to St. Simon's Island including a side trip to Fort King George. I didn't take any pictures the whole trip! I'm not sure why...just didn't think about it, I guess. We did have some adventures though. Caleb slipped on a rock on the beach and cut his hand on some barnacles. My first thought was that we were headed to the emergency room, but we doctored it the best we could after finding the local CVS. It looks much better now, and I guess we'll just have a scar to remind us, add that one to the others! We stopped at Danny and Kim's for Jake's birthday party, and we got to spend the night with them. That was fun for all the boys. Uncle Danny is always fun for them. He has a "monster" jeep that he built up, and he took the boys for a ride around his property. Luke did not like it "it scare me", and Caleb wasn't especially fond of it either. Joshua, on the other hand, thought it was great...except for the part where they got stuck in the boggy mud. When they got unstuck, the kids were covered in mud. Matt even got in the mud trying to help Danny get the jeep out. We also got to meet Julie and the girls at Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate Luke's birthday. 
We had Luke's birthday party after we got back from our trip. He was so excited to show me his new age. I can't believe that he is 3! He keeps us laughing. He would tell everyone that "my birthday party coming up". So, the day after his party, he looked at me and said "my birthday party coming down". I guess to him that meant that is was over or past.

No comments:
Post a Comment