Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Catching Up

I had some pictures to share that were on Mom's camera. I finally got a chance to download them and send them to my computer. A little late, but better than never. From May, Caleb at his preschool graduation and from June, Luke with a swollen ear from a wasp sting. His poor ear stood out straight. I almost laughed when I saw it to keep from crying! I kept asking Mom, "do you think it will go down?" It reminded me of Will Smith in Hitch. It was down the next morning, thank goodness!

We had a nice 4th of July weekend. It was Jean's birthday, so we celebrated with all the family at Mom's community pool/pavillion with a cookout and swimming. The kids had a blast swimming, and the adults got to visit in the shade. We ended the evening by seeing the local fireworks. Luke still asks if we are going to see fireworks again when we pass by the location we watched them from.

We took a whirlwind trip to Vidalia to visit Dad and Cathy, as I think it will be the last trip south for a few months anyway. We got a few more of their hand-me-downs (pictures and lamps, this time), and the boys got to play with the dog, ride in the golf cart, and eat steak on the back deck. For me, I enjoyed all this plus a trip to Bill's doughnuts for a chocolate glazed doughnut. It's like the small town version of Krispy Kreme! Yum.
Joshua is spending the week with Danny and Kim. So far, he has gone to the lake and ridden the boat and tube. Tomorrow, they're going to White Water. Friday, they're going to meet Matt for a day at Six Flags using the free tickets that Joshua and I earned from the reading program this year. As much as I'd love to go too, I'm just not up to it this year, bummer.
Baby has dropped, and I don't think we'll be hiking into the gorge again for the next few weeks. I'm anxious for him to get here, as it is hot now, and I'm getting irritable and uncomfortable. Just ask my family, or better yet, just take my word for it.
I'll be spending my time thinking of seven traits that I want to share courtesy of Julie's tagging me from her blog. Keep looking for the next post!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So glad to hear that Bill's Doughnuts is still open! Brings back memories of doougnut holes and diet cokes on the way to school...take care and hang in there a few more weeks. It will be here before you know it!