Friday, August 21, 2009

He's here!

Thomas Gabriel was born at 10:58 am. He was 7 lbs 4 oz and 19.5" long. My water broke at 3:00 am, so we headed to the hospital. I was already 5-6 cm but without heavy contractions. We walked and finally the contractions were getting more intense. The midwife decided to check me again, and she got a strange look on her face. She said, I'm sorry, but that's not a head. She did a quick ultrasound to confirm. She then spoke with the doctor who felt it was too late to try to turn the baby. I shed a few quick tears for a lost natural delivery (and a little from fear), but we proceeded to get ready for the c-section. It went quickly, and he was right before our eyes! I'll try to get pictures on soon. Am I missing any important details?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations and welcome to the breech club Thomas!!! I hope mommy is feeling well after surgery. I can't wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Love the pictures! Hope everyone is doing well, and hope you are recovering nicely!