
We are having another rainy Saturday. That makes for two weekends in a row that Joshua's soccer games have been rained out, and he was sick with strep Thursday, so he missed that game too!
Our family life continues to speed forward. Matt got tickets to the Tech/Clemson game, so Matt, Joshua, Thomas and I went to the game. The company that gave him the tickets also gave him a parking pass and the rented stadium seats (which were great!). I carried Thomas in a carrier, and he was so good. Joshua had a blast at the game, he really took it all in. Caleb could have gone also, but at the last minute he decided to stay with Grandma. That was probably a good idea, since he can be difficult if he gets tired and is not being entertained. But, I didn't want him to feel left out, so I was glad he made the decision to stay himself. Luke always enjoys staying with Grandma, so that was a non-issue.
We went to the county fair last weekend. Joshua's chorus sang, and then we ate lunch and walked around. We were going to do the fair rides, but they were really expensive! Like $3.00 per person for the merry-go-round and every other ride. So, we entertained ourselves at the petting zoo (free) with some $1.00 bowls of food. The boys were thrilled. Then, the rain came. The rain poured, the petting zoo tent was sagging in several areas, and some of the animals were standing in water in their pens. The owners were trying to pull in the cages to get the animals out of the water, so everyone and the animals were sort of crowded in the middle of the tent. We finally decided to make our way through the rain to the car.


I bought a carrier for Thomas. It was been wonderful so far. I used it at the Tech game and at the fair and to go to story time at the library. It is so much more convenient than the stroller, and I'm not supposed to be carrying the car seat, yet, so this has made things much easier. I had another carrier that always hurt my neck, so I decided to splurge for this one. It's the ergo carrier, and I ordered it from diapers.com. This got me free shipping, plus I used a referral code to get $10.00 off. If you are interested in ordering from diapers.com and are a new customer, you can use my referral code WARD1882 for $10 off any $49 order. This was the only way that I could find to get a discount on the carrier, since they don't seem to ever be on sale anywhere. I also submitted for a $15 refund from parenting magazine that is offered free with orders on diapers.com. You can submit for that if you don't want the magazine. Anyway, I love my carrier so far!
We have several more activities planned for October. We are going to Burt's Pumpkin Farm, a few days at the beach (late I know), a field trip to the theater to see Robin Hood, fall festivals, etc. Not to mention football and a 2 month check up for Thomas! I hope you all are enjoying fall and staying dry!
2 comments:
Wow, that is great you took Thomas to the game! I am not brave enough to attempt it (nor is Marsh). Plus I don't know if Leighton will be happy drinking out of a bottle for more than one feeding. But I may give it a try in November sometime...if Nana can handle both girls for the day.
It's amazing how active we can be with little babies, in order to keep up with our older kids. I have a sling (not an ergo), which helps a great deal. We went to cub scout camp with my Joshua one day!
Post a Comment