Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cold in the Winter

We've had cold weather all day with some ice on the trees. Matt went into work at 2:00 am to prepare for the storm. It's now 7:00 pm, and I haven't heard a word from him. I hope he gets to come home soon...we miss him! Joshua says that it's starting to snow now; that's better than ice!

I wanted to write a post to update how I did with my 2009 resolutions, only I couldn't find that I posted any 2009 resolutions. Maybe I was busy with the passing of my grandmother, getting the van fixed after I hit the deer, being in the throes of morning sickness (okay, not really, but I was early in my pregnancy), working part time, and trying to take care of my three boys! So, looking back I think I took care of the year okay even without the resolutions. I got the van fixed. I finished my temporary part time assignment in March. We took several trips: to Williamsburg (and we saw Laura!), to St. Simon's, to Panama City Beach, and to the Smoky Mountains. I had a beautiful baby boy and finished the first half of the school year for Joshua (3rd) and Caleb (K).

What's in store for this year?

- SCHOOL: Joshua and Caleb will continue school at home. Luke is going to preschool once a week for now, and he will start preschool 3 times a week in August. I'm planning to go to a homeschool retreat in May that I attended last year and really enjoyed. It's a chance to get away and really focus on what I want to accomplish in the year to come.
-SELF-PRESERVATION: Mom and I are enrolled in a digital photography class that I hope will enable me to use my camera more effectively and consistently. I'm still attending MOPS, but I would really love to get back into my Bible Study with the girls.
-TRAVEL: We've got a couple of trips planned to Edisto Island (and a day trip to Charleston), the Onion Festival, and Nashville this summer. I've got the itch to go to Orlando again, since Luke is almost 4 and LOVES Mickey Mouse. I'm still trying to fit that into my budget and schedule (and gain Matt's approval at the same time).
-HOME: Support my hubby through the rest of his MBA. He's currently in class two nights a week for a few more weeks, and then he'll be down to one class a week until fall. We will all be glad when it's over in December! I'd love to set a schedule for the house cleaning, but currently I'm only able to consistently do laundry on Thursday, now when it gets put up varies greatly!
-BLOG: Post more on my blog...I've noticed that my posts have cut in half over the last two years. At this rate, I'll be out of business in just a couple more years! Most of the time I don't feel that I have anything exciting to post, and others I just don't take time.

Here are a few pictures from the last month to make this post interesting:The boys cow watching
My adorable, happy Thomas, five months old
Luke, all dressed up to go out with Papa to feed the cows, fell asleep waiting
Just because they are so cute and crazy
Not a very good picture, but a funny story...Joshua got a kite stuck in the tree (it's hiding behind the grid in the windowpane). He threw the static duster up in the tree to knock down the kite and got it stuck too. Then, he asked Caleb to climb on his back to help him get it down. I just wish that I had a video. Raising little boys...Priceless.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Your boys are so precious! Loved the year recap and seeing what you guys have in store for 2010 :)

Amanda said...

Hope the weather wasn't too bad; we had a few sleet pellets but that was about it. Marsh says we can't go to Disney until the girls are 10. HA - whatever, he can stay home!