I was a bad photographer at Halloween this year. I have one picture of all the boys on my camera, and mom has one picture on her camera. Here is what I got with the boys, Matt, and Mimi. We had a Clone Trooper (again from last year), Dan from Bakugan, Barney (recycled costume from Andrew), and Yoda. Luke insisted on the Barney costume since they just studied dinosaurs in his preschool the week before.
We found out this month that Thomas is allergic to egg and peanuts. That was such a bummer, but we are adjusting to the new diet for him. The allergist said that the egg was probably causing his eczema which he has had since infancy. So three weeks into the new diet, the eczema is gone. Amazing. She also said he will probably outgrow his egg allergy, but the peanut allergy most likely he will not. I now have an epi-pen just in case of a life threatening reaction. We thought that he had egg and peanut allergies after breaking out in hives after a small spoonful of scrambled eggs one night and after eating some crust off a peanut butter and jelly sandwich one afternoon. The skin testing was traumatic for him and me. They poked him with about 30 environmental allergens and egg and peanut. He was only positive to egg and peanut. His reactions have been mild so far, and benadryl was able to counter the effects. I hope that this is always the case, but since he only had a small amount of the allergens, I'm not sure what would happen if he got ahold of a Reese's cup or roasted peanuts at Texas Roadhouse. For this, Joshua is determined that Thomas' life is ruined. I'm determined to be more optomistic, but for now Thomas is eating a lot of crackers and fruit.
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! I am sorry to hear about the peanuts :( We go through alot of PB around here so I understand Joshua's concern!! I don't know how I would live without it LOL. Love the pic of Thomas...Leighton thinks it's fun to grab the knives out of the dishwasher...sigh!
Oh Deb, I feel for you on the allergy front - it's hard getting used to it. I'm sure it will be second nature to you soon to check and re-check everything, and everyone in the family will do the same. :)
Best wishes during your Thanksgiving! We are just here at our home this year - should be simple and fun. :)
Post a Comment