The opinions expressed here are entirely my own, although I was compensated by Time4Learning for the review:
We have just finished our first month with T4L.
Caleb loves it. He loves not being tied down to workbooks which could not hold his attention. I was constantly having to redirect him back to his workbooks. He now gets up in the morning and after he wakes up completely, he is ready to go. He works through his lessons with ease. Joshua has also jumped on the bandwagon and is doing the T4L curriculum. He is also glad to be rid of the workbooks. The lessons seem to correlate well to what we were already doing, so they have been able to jump in mid-year and take off. I'm not sure that there is enough curriculum to last a whole year, though. Caleb has already finished the sections for science and social studies, although if I had known, we could have made unit studies out of each section and made it last longer. Maybe we'll do that next year.
We are still completing the Hideaways in History from WinterPromise, so we still spend a good bit of time reading together and discussing historical events. We haven't made our Hideaways in several weeks, but we've been plenty busy. We also started a States study this week, and I'm hoping that Joshua will know the states and capitals by year end. Caleb might even learn a few too. Plus, there is the simulated pet store that we are doing. The boys are still doing handwriting (of course, you can't do that on computer!), and Joshua is still doing Bible study and spelling in separate workbooks.
Overall, I think it is a great program, and the boys seem to like it. Even Luke was doing "school" on the computer as he worked on the preschool level.
Lap loom
13 years ago
1 comment:
So glad that you all found a program so well suited to everyone's learning styles! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment