It's time to list out what the boys are doing in school this year...for my benefit, because I'm sure no one else cares.
All the boys are doing WinterPromise's Children Around the World. Just like the title says, we will study children from around the world this year. It focuses on geography, child labor, missionaries, and great reading set in different places around the world. Each week, we study a different country and try to have a meal or "cultural" experience to match the country. So far, we had fish and chips (aka Long John Silver's) and tea/cookies from England. We also had Irish Stew and potato bread for Ireland. This week, we will have Swiss fondue and Toblerone chocolate for dessert, Switzerland, of course.
Joshua, 5th grade, is using Switched on Schoolhouse, a self directed computer based program, for math, science, and language arts. We are four weeks in, and I've been pleased with it. It does take some work on my part setting it up, but once I put in the calendar, it regenerates the lesson plans to match our school days. Pretty cool. I do wish that I could buy hard copies of the lessons too. I am printing them out for him since he likes to have them to study with and review. He is doing the Book II in Christian Bible Studies. We are doing a health study together. He is still working on cursive with Handwriting Without Tears.
Caleb, 2nd grade, is doing Time4Learning.com again for his math and language arts. He will be doing science with Luke here and at a homeschool class in town, studying the Rain Forest. He is doing printing with Handwriting without Tears.
Luke is in Kindergarten this year. We are using ABeka again for him. He is also going to a preschool class 3 days a week. He is also doing printing with Handwriting without Tears.
Our current reading load.
It should be a great year!
1 comment:
Have a great school year!
Anonymous
John 3:16
Post a Comment