Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The End of Summer

We had several things going on this August.  We started school the first week.  It has been crazy trying to get much done with Thomas and Anna tearing up the house.  So, I enrolled them in preschool three - 1/2 days a week.  I was extremely nervous about how it would go, but Anna has done great.  She cried some the first day, but the second day, there were no tears and she was skipping around the classroom when I went to pick her up.  It was defintely an answer to my prayers.  It has helped us so much with our homeschool morning.  And that makes me feel more peaceful mothering through the afternoon.
Cheese!  1st day of preschool
Anna has started speech therapy every other week and play therapy every week.  Thankfully, the therapists come to our house, so we don't have to get out.  But, we do have to keep the house picked up! 
 
Matt, Joshua, Caleb, and Luke were in a play this month at a neighboring church.  The play was about Zaccheus, and Caleb played Zaccheus' son.  It was his first speaking role, and he did really well. 
 
Joshua and Luke being scared of the tax collector.  Luke is looking at me, LOL.
My sweet, sweet Thomas turned 3 this week.  I can't believe how the time has flown.  It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing him home!  He still says "I lub you Mama" about a hundred times a day, and he usually follows it up with "are you happy?"  He has  been so good about welcoming Anna into our house and sharing with her.  It has been such a blessing to watch them learn to love each other.  The big boys ran around the house and wrapped one of their toys to give to Thomas.  All three were so excited when Thomas opened "their" present.  It was so wonderful to see them display a giving spirit! 
Mickey Mouse cake.  My first attempt at fondant, very fun!
 
 
 
We have also had lots of drs appts.  Anna had her six month renal ultrasound and follow up appt...everything looks great.  I took all the kids to the dentist, and we walked out with a huge bill, but NO cavities!  The dentist felt that Anna's teeth looked okay, which was a huge relief as that can be an issue with kids from China.  I took Joshua to the doctor for poison ivy on his face, that requires a dr visit and steroids.  This is the 3rd time for that in 2 years.  This week, I will take Anna for her post-op visit for ear tubes and a hearing test.  Next week, Joshua and Caleb see the orthodontist.  I need to schedule a well check for Thomas, but that hasn't happened, yet. 
We are looking forward to a family vacation in September...the first real vacation we have had since Anna has been home.  We hope to spend some time just enjoying some down time!
 


 Thomas got his first black eye...from his sister.  They ran into each other in the hall, and all Anna got was a little bump on the head.  I'm telling you, the girl has a HARD head! 

 A craft project - I had to document since I am so NOT crafty.  These were the little crystals that melt in the oven into the sun catcher frames.  They were fun, even if we did have the crystals going everywhere!





No comments: