We had lots of fun this summer. The boys wanted to fill their summer with every Vacation Bible School they could. Well, C and L did anyway. So, that left J, T, A, and me playing taxi for them. They had a wonderful time at each one, and each had a different theme. They went to five different churches through the summer. Whew!
This was a summer of rain, rain, rain, rain...get the idea? We had few days to swim, or as soon as we got everyone dressed and loaded up, the sky was turning dark and thunder was starting to rumble. We swam a few days, but it was never long enough for any sunburns!
We were fortunate to be able to host one of the chaperones from Latvia with New Horizons for Children. She spoke a little English, but it was enough for us to have a little conversation. We tried to throw in some fun trips for her, but my idea of fun included rides in the mountains and visiting Tallulah Gorge and Brasstown Bald. I only then learned that she is terrified of heights. I figured that out when she was gripping the arm rest as we traveled to the Ocoee River to see M and J whitewater rafting. Bless her heart, she wouldn't even go near the railing to look into the Gorge. I took her camera and got a picture for her! She loved Zoo Atlanta, and she loved taking a ride on the farm to see the cows and bottle feeding the calves. She let us know that she loves tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, salad, and meat. She made an awesome meal of chicken, onion, garlic, and potatoes all diced and cooked on the stove in a little oil. She has several foster children whom she loves dearly. I think all her spending money went to buy things for them!
C, caught reading instead of folding laundry, there could be worse things, eh?
Swimming at Grandma's neighborhood pool
Playing with the new kitty and trying to catch lightning bugs
M and J whitewater rafting the Ocoee River.
Tallulah Gorge
Laser Show at Stone Mountain
Zoo Atlanta
Summer is over already. I'm happy to get back on some sort of a routine. School books are ready, but preschool for the littles doesn't start until September, ack!
1 comment:
Looks like you've had a busy summer. We've had more rain that usual around here, too. I can't believe summer is almost over and that I just sent mine off to kindergarten!
Gin =)
Post a Comment