Matt's cousin Chris is living in Mimi's rental house. It's the same house that we lived in while we were building our house. It's just on the other side of the pond. Chris has a puppy, Grace, that showed up at his house a couple of weeks ago. She is a sweet dog, just very jumpy and nippy. The boys have not yet learned to push her down when she jumps on them.
Joshua's version of the morning's events:
One day, Joshua and Caleb went out around the pond to look at a log and when we went there, Chris, my daddy's friend, his dog attacked Caleb, although it didn't know that it was hurting him. It didn't try to hurt him, it was just playing. And, it scratched him open on the ear. He went to the emergency room and saw Dr. Hamilton. Caleb got scratches on his arm and one he had to get glue on it too.
My version:
Joshua comes in screaming that Caleb is bleeding. Normally this means a small drop of blood. Today it meant blood on the shirt, the ear, the arms. Pretty scary sight. The boys told me what happened, and I cleaned off Caleb's ear. The wound was open enough that I thought it needed to be seen. I called the pediatrician, and they said to go to the ER and they could call a plastic surgeon if needed, gasp! Thankfully, the Dr. just felt that it needed some glue and we were done! Thank goodness for Dermabond (made by Ethicon, so I'm still supporting my former employer). No stitches needed! I managed to get a picture of his ear while he was taking a nap this afternoon, because Grandma is at Danny's and I know she wants to see how it looks!
1 comment:
Have to watch those dogs you never know when one is going to turn on you. Glad they did not get hurt too bad. Peggy Bays
Post a Comment