Sunday, July 8, 2007

The 4th, Six Flags, Dumpster Diving

We've had a busy week. For the 4th, we had dinner for Jean's birthday with steak, potatoes, and salad. Joshua eats a whole steak by himself! We had planned to go to the fireworks, but since the boys didn't get a nap, we didn't make it. They saw fireworks the week before, so I didn't feel that they were missing too much. Matt worked in the basement finishing the sheetrock on Wed, Thurs, and Sat. He's soooo close, next we get to start painting. On Thursday, Jake came to spend the night with mom, so we took the boys swimming.
Friday, Matt took a day off to go to Six Flags with us. Luke spent the day with mom and Jake. The crowd wasn't bad at all. The boys got to ride all the kiddie rides, and Joshua is just tall enough to ride the mind bender, which he rode 3 times, twice with Matt and once with me. They have added a water park just past the Scream Machine. It was quite fun, but since the sun wasn't shining (it was overcast and sprinkling on and off all day), the water was very cold! The boys were troopers and lasted until 7:30, Caleb crashed right after we left the park and slept until the next morning. Here is a link that takes you to a picture of us with the heroes from the Hall of Justice. They had just captured Lex Luther, and Caleb wouldn't go up to see them unless I went with him. http://sixflags.venuephotos.com/SFP/r.d?i=31489813

Saturday, we had lunch with mom at her neighborhood BBQ and then a fish fry at our church that evening.

Luke is our future dumpster diver (hopefully not!). I threw some cantaloupe pieces into the trash, and the next thing I knew, Luke had pulled open the trash can and was stuffing cantaloupe into his mouth as fast as possible! I redirected him, but the next day when I threw away some watermelon, I found him again stuffing his face. You'd think that we never feed the child!

No comments: