Well, I know it's been a long time, but we've been busy! I realized that my last blog was almost three weeks ago, unbelievable! I have been reading and keeping up with everyone's blogs though. I will try to relive the past three weeks through my pictures!
Jean had her surgery last week. She did great. Her surgery was at 6:00 pm (after being put off since scheduled at 1:30 pm), and she was released by 9:00 am the next morning. She flew home the day after that. She has been resting at home and getting out some. She even went to school today.

Caleb had a good first day of school. He did well the first week, but the second week was a little more difficult. He didn't want to go in, a little separation anxiety. We've just started the third week, and he is doing better. We decided that he doesn't like the idea of Joshua and Luke going home with me and without him. I didn't even think of him feeling left out. :-( But, the time is good for me to work with Joshua one on one while Luke naps.

Joshua and I have enjoyed watching the birds come to the bird feeder and the hummingbirds coming to get a drink while we do school at the kitchen table. Here is one that sat still for so long that I was beginning to wonder if he was still alive.
We went on a field trip with the local homeschool group for a little pond exploration at a local state park. The boys got to dig up muck from the pond and then look for signs of life. Anything moving got put in a "clean" water tank, and the park ranger explained what it all was. We found a leech, yuk! It looked like a black inchworm, it was that tiny. I was thinking big black slugs, like in the movie,
Stand By Me, remember?

Lexi and Mariah were at Chris' visiting weekend before last. The boys love playing with them all day long, then we usually settle for pizza or spaghetti in the evening. The kids were outside jumping on the trampoline after dinner when Lexi ran in and said there was a rattlesnake in the yard. Matt and Chris ran out to see what it was. I looked out from the patio window to see Matt holding what looked like a dead snake. I thought he'd killed it. So, Luke and I went out to investigate. It was just a snake skin, but it was about six feet long. Matt thinks it's probably a king snake, but oh my, the skin was right next to the trampoline! Here it is...Caleb is actually holding about another foot of skin, but it didn't make it into the picture.

Luke's favorite new hobby is hanging out on the kitchen table. I got him down probably 5 times yesterday. I saw my chandelier swinging and thankfully Luke wasn't hanging onto it. He has dumped all the salt and pepper and thrown all the napkins around. This is one thing that Caleb didn't do, so what does this mean for things to come?

Joshua is really into Star Wars right now. He has costumes for Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, and a Clone Trooper (do you know what those are, me neither but they look like a Storm Trooper). We have been reading the juvenile Star Wars books, and he plays with Matt's old Star Wars figures. Anyway, the other day he was quiet for quite a while, and he came in to get me. He wanted to show me his drawing. Outside on the driveway, he had drawn in chalk the Earth and the Death Star with all the fighters surrounding it. I had to get a picture, because he was so cute and so into it. He later destroyed the Death Star with water balloons, just like we did at his birthday party. He is in the process of saving up his money to buy a Darth Vader "laptop" computer that plays all sorts of games. Too funny.

I worked at the local consignment sale this weekend and got to shop early. I am anxiously awaiting my check. I don't think it will be too big. I can't seem to get rid of too much just yet. Well, Luke needs my attention, so I better get going. The boys are out rounding up stray cattle that got out today. Those cows...
1 comment:
Good to "see" you back and get more updates on the boys adventures. Sounds like the school year got off to a great start and glad to hear that Jean's surgery went well.
Post a Comment