Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'll do it later...

There seems to be a common theme around our house, and Luke seems to be taking advantage of our lack of follow through. Yesterday for example, he spread his chaos through the house. Let's start in the morning. I heard a terrible noise in the living room while I was in the bedroom cleaning up. I ran to the living room, halfway expecting to see our TV on the floor. Instead, I looked over the edge of our banister and saw the highchair at the bottom of the stairs. It seems that Luke reached through the gate and pushed the highchair down the stairs. Sunday, Matt had placed the chair at the top of the stairs to get it out of the way, and I'm sure Luke was just helping Matt finish the job. Next, I was trying to figure out why the VCR door wouldn't open. It seemed like something was stuck, blocking the flap. I had the vision in the back of my mind that someone had stuffed a PBJ sandwich in there, but they don't go uneaten around here and there was definitely something hard blocking the door, not soft and sticky. So, I managed to pry the door open to find a DVD stuff in the VCR slot. The boys have a habit of taking out DVDs and laying them on top of the DVD/VCR player instead of putting them up. It looks like Luke found one and tried to play it himself! Lastly, when Matt arrived home last night, he walked into the laundry room and sparks flew. He looked down and realized that our disassembled bread maker had been plugged in. Matt had taken it apart to see if he could see what the trouble was, and I moved it from the dining room table to the laundry room floor until I could figure out how to dispose of it. It seems that Luke decided to try it out for us. I guess since none of these occurrences cost us physically or financially, we should consider these a wake up call! I guess that I thought I had seen it all when Caleb put his Pooh bear in the toaster oven, but it looks like Luke is going to give Caleb a run for his money. I'm sure there will be more to come, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh my, you've got some great stories with those cute little boys Debbie! They keep me rolling laughing :)