Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Well, I noticed that I am the last to post our Christmas, so here goes! We had a wonderful "week" of Christmas fun. We started on Saturday with Nana and Papa and Mimi with Chet, Amanda, and kids. The big kids got to eat at the coffee table while Luke and Katelyn had to take turns in the highchair. Papa read a Christmas Story and then the present opening began. Boy, does Nana really know how to do presents...makes Santa look lacking, but at least he still reserves the right to provide the most wanted item on the lists. We spent Christmas Eve by taking the boys to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, pretty cute and more entertaining for them than Ratatouille (spelling?). Christmas morning was spent at home and Christmas evening was time with Mom. Jake stayed with us for a couple of days and then we all headed to see Dad. Danny and Kim met us there, and we celebrated Christmas and Mom Mitchell's 94th birthday on the 27th. It was a crazy evening, but we survived. Matt and I are going to try not to plan anymore whirlwind 24 hour trips to Dad's. It's just too much! We had a quiet New Year's Eve. Matt and I toasted in the New Year around 10:00 p.m. with some sparkling cider. We figured that it was New Year's somewhere! You know, I never was much for midnight...

A highlight of my Christmas included Caleb saying "it's just what I always wanted" to every toy he opened. Another included Joshua secretly telling his Daddy that he knew what I wanted for Christmas "a little girl". He thinks that I need a girl so that I won't be lonely when all the boys do something together. He is so sweet and sensitive like that. Luke's highlight was all the candy that he kept getting into!

Here's to 2008!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So the big question is...any chance of a little girl (or little boy) arriving in 2008??? We'll be waiting to hear;)