Friday, February 29, 2008

Good News for Jean

Jean had her 3 month (post treatment) checkup this week. She passed her PET scan with flying colors, all clear! She was diagnosed on Feb 20, 2007, and one year later, she is cancer free! We are thanking God for His blessings on our family. Jean feels that this illness has allowed her to reach out to people that she would not have otherwise been able to meet and find common ground. She has another appointment in April, a follow up with the radiologist and an appointment in June again with her oncologist. I'm not sure if she will have another PET scan then or not. I just wanted to share the good news. Thanks for the prayers and keep praying for a cure for all cancer!

4 comments:

Jules said...

So great to hear! Woohoo!!!!

Kathleen said...

So good to hear! God is good!

Takoma Volpe said...

Oh Deb, That is SUCH Great News!! I am so glad to hear that. :) She is one of the blessed. I've known 4 people in the last 4 years with Breast Cancer, and 2 are completely cancer-free now (this includes Jean and my friend Karen you might remember as one of my bridesmaids), one is still in treatment, and one has passed. But this definitely makes my year!
:) Hooray!

Amanda said...

Wonderful news! Live Strong Jean!!