We have officially started football practice. It's hot, and Joshua is ready to go back to soccer, not because soccer is easier, but because they don't practice as much. We are having practice 3 days a week, 2 hours at a time, ugh. The coach had all the team over to spend the night last week, and Joshua had a great time. He was tired the next day, but I expected that. Last night, they started practice with pads. He looks so cute (oops, not cute, handsome) in his pads and helmet. They are learning to tackle and be tackled. Joshua is a lot tougher than I would have thought. He was trying to tackle and the coaches were yelling for him to get the guy down. So what does any smart little boy who doesn't know the rules of football do? Yes, he grabbed the facemask and down went the other boy. The coaches slapped him on the helmet and then proceeded to explain the facemask penalty.
On the home front, the big boys have moved to their own rooms. The bathroom is now working in the basement. That leaves the bed upstairs unoccupied, so last night, I asked Luke if he wanted to sleep in the big boy bed. Sure enough, he said yes ("yah"), and he got in the bed and stayed there. I was surprised. Even this morning, he called for me before he got out of the bed. Joshua gave me the lecture..."now mama, you know that your boys have to grow up". Yes, I know, but still, a little bit of my heart is trying to hang on to the babies they were.
Joshua and I started some school work yesterday. Caleb and Luke start preschool next week three days a week, and Joshua will be going to school two days a week for "electives". He will be studying chorus, piano, Spanish, art, and drama at a local private school that welcomes homeschoolers. We will be doing the core classes at home the rest of the week. It should be a fun year!
Lap loom
13 years ago
1 comment:
Good luck to Joshua with football season and school! Hope all of the boys have a fabulous fall...once we get out of this August heat!
Post a Comment