Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Day of School

The weeks continue to fly by.

Caleb and Luke started a 3 day a week preschool while I'm in work. They both walked right in on the first day without so much as a whimper. That was great to me, since I've been through the "peeling the child off your leg" stage already. I can tell, though, that these weren't my first children to go to preschool...no pictures of the first day. Eek! I thought I was a better mother than that, ha. It didn't even occur to me until I saw Tori's first day of school pictures. The boys are going to the preschool where she is the director, so I know that she'll keep a good eye on them.

Monday night, I started a new bible study, Stepping Up, by Beth Moore. There were six other women in the group, and I'm excited to have a focused study time that I have been missing. It's only a six week study, and I know that it will be over all too soon.

Work is going well. I'm busy and have been "challenged" to finish one of my projects by month end. And I thought this would be a cushy temporary job, ha. My mornings are quick paced, and then we come home to do school work with Joshua. I have been having Joshua work some in the mornings at mom's house so that we don't have so much to do in the afternoons. We are studying the Native Americans and early explorers to America.

Joshua is also going to a local private school two days a week for fine art classes. He is studying art, chorus, piano, Spanish, and drama. It complements our home study well, since I am in no way a "creative" or "artsy" type of person. I'll take math or science any day! I'm even learning to enjoy history.

Joshua is also still busy with football, three nights a week. He had his first scrimmage game Thursday, and he got to play quite a bit. His first game will be September 2.

I guess that's it. In my spare time, we're trying to get the basement cleaned up and settled. They boys have moved into their rooms, and they are very excited to be sleeping in separate rooms. Funny, I thought they liked each other.

No comments: