It's a poor excuse, but I've been without a computer for a week in January, and I just can't seem to get caught up. I haven't downloaded any pictures since Christmas, and currently my camera is out in the cold car. I guess I'll have to do pictures later. I'll at least give a few thoughts on where we've been and where we're headed!
I'm a little late on reminiscing and looking forward, but here goes. So, here were my goals for 2008 and updates on how they went...
House: I would love to get the basement finished. Matt has finished the sheetrock, so now it's on to painting. Done! We were close, but when I went back to work, we hired a contractor to come in and finish it. The boys love having their own bedrooms and a play room down there. Now, if I can just get them to pick up toys regularly!
Education: Joshua and I are rounding the curve on our 1st grade curriculum. Math seems to be most troublesome to him. Reading is coming along very well. I would like to get him tested for reading level. I am also looking into a local private school for some extra classes for him. We finished the year with RightStart Math, and this school year, I tried MathUSee, only to realize that he was too far ahead for it. So, we have gone back to RightStart. Joshua still doesn't like to do worksheets, but he is really getting math. We had him tested for reading last February, and he was reading at a 3rd grade level, yeah, I haven't failed him yet, ha! He started at fine art classes at the local private school, and he really enjoys them.
Family: Thinking about family planning, it would seem that we need to be getting ready for baby #4. Although I feel that I do want #4, I just don't have the feeling that I am ready yet. So, it doesn't look like we will have a new addition in 2008, but maybe in early to mid-2009. The family planning has been on our minds most of 2008. We are happy to announce that we are expecting another little Ward member in August. I have a disclaimer as I announce this...I'm done after this one, boy or girl! We are praying for a healthy baby.
Travel: We have several trips upcoming. Matt plans to attend a conference in St. Simon's in May and in Orlando in June, and we'll tag along. We are planning to attend a family reunion in Nebraska in May also. We would love to do an anniversary trip in the summer, but childcare is TBD. I have picked out a 5 day cruise that would be perfect. Nothing too extravagant, but it would be a nice getaway. We were able to have several exciting trips last year. Matt and I took a trip to California when he had to go to a conference. I can check Disneyland off my list. We also made the trip to St. Simon's, Nebraska, and Orlando. Matt and I also got to celebrate our anniversary with a cruise.
Service: I'll continue working with the youth on Wed night and the preschool on Sunday mornings at church. Matt and I are VBS directors again this year, so we'll need to start working on that soon. I plan to continue volunteering with MOPS and First Steps this year also. We completed all these activities. I had to quit First Steps mid-year due to going back to work.
Working was not on my list in January, because I had no idea it would even be an option. The opportunity was great, and it arrived at the perfect time. We were able to finish the basement, go on a few spending sprees, and put back more money in the emergency fund. I got to catch up with work buddies and meet the new management team at our plant. I'm thankful for the time, but I feel my calling back at home. I'm still trying to finish up a couple of projects, but by the end of the month, I should be complete.
Lap loom
13 years ago
5 comments:
Wow, Debbie!! Number 4, huh?? You are so brave! Congrats, and I will pray for a healthy baby.
Been waiting a while for the announcement :) Fantastic news, I am so excited for all of you!! Since everyone is so far ahead of me with the kids, it's nice we'll have one close in age :)
Congratulations, Debbie! You are so much braver than me, but God only gives us what we can handle :) I'm sure the boys are excited! Wishing you a healthy 9 months!
Debs,
I think the background looks good. It doesn't look to wide to me.
Debbie,
That's great news! Coming from a family of 6, I can only say wonderful things about 4 kids. There is always someone to play with, and there are always 2 teams for games and such. Not that you don't already have a full, fun house, but a big family means fun loud holidays, big busy dinners, and of course, a VERY busy mom. :) Best wishes to all of you.
:) Laura
Post a Comment