
Our pastor used the following verse last night, and I thought it applies well here...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6
I'm sort of having mixed emotions about knowing that I'm not going to have a girl. I keep reminding myself of all the pros that come with another boy...already have clothes and toys and lots of playmates. Most of all, I count my blessing that we have a healthy baby, and he's already so cute! Here's more evidence...
As for other events in our lives, Joshua had a fantastic birthday party this weekend, despite the downpour that threatened to put a damper on our fun. We moved the party inside, and although the house may never be the same, we had fun! My big boy is 8 years old, and it hardly seems possible. He collected items for the animal shelter instead of presents from his friends, and family outdid themselves (again) on presents for him.
I also celebrated another birthday a couple of weeks ago. Mom made a cake, and Joshua helped decorate. You may notice the recycled "Belle" from last year, except I think she wore her yellow gown then. It was a special day of just hanging out with the family. Matt got me MarioKart for the Wii, and I got to pick all the race courses...for that day at least. :-)
That same weekend we had a retreat for our MOPS group. We got together for lots of laughter and adventure. It started with a digital scavenger hunt across town. Here's my team at the local fire station where the young firefighter on duty was tickled to take our picture! We had a great dinner, and they sang Happy Birthday to me at quarter after midnight, just to make it official, and yes, I was still awake at that time!
I'll leave you with a little luck of the Irish. We were very close to getting our leprechaun this time. For our first try, I'd say that was pretty good. Instead, the boys got a few gold (chocolate) coins and a little teasing note from the sly fellow. Better luck next year!
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6
I'm sort of having mixed emotions about knowing that I'm not going to have a girl. I keep reminding myself of all the pros that come with another boy...already have clothes and toys and lots of playmates. Most of all, I count my blessing that we have a healthy baby, and he's already so cute! Here's more evidence...
As for other events in our lives, Joshua had a fantastic birthday party this weekend, despite the downpour that threatened to put a damper on our fun. We moved the party inside, and although the house may never be the same, we had fun! My big boy is 8 years old, and it hardly seems possible. He collected items for the animal shelter instead of presents from his friends, and family outdid themselves (again) on presents for him.
I also celebrated another birthday a couple of weeks ago. Mom made a cake, and Joshua helped decorate. You may notice the recycled "Belle" from last year, except I think she wore her yellow gown then. It was a special day of just hanging out with the family. Matt got me MarioKart for the Wii, and I got to pick all the race courses...for that day at least. :-)

That same weekend we had a retreat for our MOPS group. We got together for lots of laughter and adventure. It started with a digital scavenger hunt across town. Here's my team at the local fire station where the young firefighter on duty was tickled to take our picture! We had a great dinner, and they sang Happy Birthday to me at quarter after midnight, just to make it official, and yes, I was still awake at that time!

I'll leave you with a little luck of the Irish. We were very close to getting our leprechaun this time. For our first try, I'd say that was pretty good. Instead, the boys got a few gold (chocolate) coins and a little teasing note from the sly fellow. Better luck next year!

3 comments:
Very glad to hear he is healthy and doing well. I do have to say I thought it was a girl...I need to get up with the times and figure out how one scans an Ultrasound picture on a blog? Glad Joshua had a fun party and I love the animal shelter idea! Wow...8 years sure goes by fast!
Glad to hear all is well with baby, he sure is cute sucking his thumb :) I know how you feel about knowing you will not have a little girl, I went through similar feelings knowing we were finished at 2 and would not have a little boy to raise. I had always imagined my family with one of each (probably because that's what I grew up with), but once you have what you have - you realize it is just perfect for your family.
Happy Birthdays all around, I can't believe how fast Joshua is growing up! Great idea on the animal shelter donations.
Debbie,
I thought of you on your b-day! The big 35! Hard to believe, and hard to believe Joshua is 8! My how time flies. Congrats on another healthy boy! God's plan is best, and I'm sure he'll be a real joy.
Post a Comment