Thursday, May 28, 2009

Potty Training Boot Camp

Probably more potty information than you could possibly want to know, so consider yourself warned!

Since we had a long weekend, Matt decided it was time to potty train Luke. Luke has been very apprehensive about sitting on the potty, and he screamed anytime we tried to put real underwear on him. I thought that it just wasn't his time. Matt reminded me that Luke is now three, and both Joshua and Caleb were trained by the time they were three. Okay, okay, go for it, I thought. Matt changed him into underwear and told him that he had to go pee-pee in the potty. It's all a blur now, but that was Saturday. Luke screamed when we tried to make him sit on the potty. He had to have his clothes changed twice at church on Sunday, thank goodness for understanding nursery workers! Tuesday, he stayed with Mom, and although he peed in the potty, he pooped in his pants, sorry Mom! Yesterday, he had one pee accident, and he cried like his heart was broken. Today, Thursday, he has had no accidents, and he pooped in the potty too! Tonight, he refused for me to put pull-ups on him for bed. He has been dry every morning this week, so hopefully tomorrow morning will be the same. I can't believe how far he's come in less than a week. I guess he was just being incredibly stubborn. Maybe he realizes that it really isn't that bad to use the potty after all. I have to give Matt all the credit for this one as I just didn't have the fight in me. Tomorrow we have a trip to the mall, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Tori said...

I love the new blog template! How did you get that?

Kathleen said...

I'll be potty-training Lindsey in the next month or two. Not looking forward to it, but she likes sitting on the potty and has gone pee-pee more than once. I hope she'll be easy to train. I'll let you know.