Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My dislike of wasps...

As I put in an earlier post, Luke got stung by a wasp earlier this summer, and his poor little ear stood out straight for the day. He was much better the next day, and he didn't complain about it at all after that. I was thankful that it was over so quickly.

I have had a couple of run ins with wasps this summer myself, and I am not fairing so well. I've never been allergic to the stings before, so I hope that maybe it's just my pregnant state that has me reacting so severely. I was stung about a month ago on my calf. It turned red all the way down to my ankle, and it was swollen and itchy for about a week. I still have a knot in my calf where it stung me.

Then this past Monday morning, I was stung again on the same leg, but higher up behind my knee. It was quite a morning...Joshua and I were working on school when he mentioned that we had a calf out in our yard. I went out to try to get the calf back into the pasture, and once that was done, Joshua told me that we had evidence of a sick dog on our front porch. I went to get the hose to clean it off, and the wasp stung me. It's bruised and red looking. My leg is swollen and itchy from halfway up my thigh to halfway down my calf. The doctor says they can't do anything for me since I'm pregnant. I have been taking Benadryl, and the allergy dr said today that I can also take Zyrtec, but I don't think that I have any. Anyway, I hope it gets better soon, as I'll have enough to worry about if I go into labor this week!

I have an appointment Friday for a check up and ultrasound. We'll see how the baby is progressing and maybe we'll have baby news this weekend!

1 comment:

Takoma Volpe said...

Ooh, Deb! That's horrible! Wasps are the worst!
Can't wait to hear what Dr says about when he thinks Baby will be here.