



We are starting to adjust to life with FOUR! little boys. Joshua and Caleb are taking it in stride. Luke still isn't sure that he wants his mama holding his "baby brother" so much. It does seem that every time he walks into the room I'm in that I am holding (and feeding) Thomas. I am starting to feel better after the surgery. I still have a ways to go, but I guess that's normal. I was reading my "What to Expect" book yesterday, because I wanted to read about breech babies. What I thought was interesting was that under the c-section part of the book, it recommended that moms be educated on c-sections and prepared with any questions in case one were to be needed at the hospital. Boy, I wish that I'd heeded that advice! I really had very little clue what was going to happen, and they stuck all these papers in front of me, and it was really overwhelming when all I wanted to say was "no, I want a delivery like my other three!" I read that that is possible with a breech baby, but since complications can occur quickly, it usually happens in the OR just in case. I wasn't given that option, so I will just have to give the Dr. credit for a safe delivery and move on. We still haven't figured out when Thomas went into the breech position, that is another thing that I can't seem to let go of...why didn't we know ahead of time? Again, I just need to move on...
We go for Thomas' 2 week check up tomorrow. I plan to start driving again, and maybe life will continue back to normal. Caleb has gymnastics once a week, and Joshua will have soccer practice twice a week. Matt is in class twice a week, so I really need to be mobile to get all of our activities accomplished. Matt has been great these past two weeks helping around the house, playing taxi and even getting groceries! I guess the surgery has made me slow down and let others do for me. After my last two deliveries, I was up and about within two days, so this has been quite a test of my "letting go of control". Mom has also been playing her share of taxi and errand runner. Mimi brought us dinner and has been a drop off point for boys too. I feel so blessed to have help around.
Jean returned to Houston last week. She had a good report that the spots in her lungs were gone, and the area in her liver was shrinking. They are going to keep her on the same chemo for two more rounds (three weeks apart) and she will go back to Houston in six weeks. Please pray for her as her immune system is down, and she has a yeast infection in her mouth which makes it difficult for her to swallow anything. She has already had some IV fluids to help with dehydration. She hasn't been able to go back to school since she's returned from Houston. For someone who has been able to work right through her other treatments, this is very discouraging for her.
Have a great weekend!
6 comments:
Glad to hear you are feeling better and I think that the Dr did what was best for both Thomas and yourself...hey you can say you've experienced it all! I'll never know what "real" childbirth is like but I am ok with that. Right now I would love to know what "real" sleep is like...it's been a tough first week of work!!
Great pictures! I need to come over again and love on Thomas!
Glad to hear you are slowing down a bit and letting others "do" for you :) Not something we are used to doing but so needed at times. You'll be back to your normal never-slow-down self before too long!
Hey Deb. I understand why you are questioning the birth and breech position. Childbirth is one of the most monumental and memorable things a woman does in her life. In the end, I think the c-section was best, and at least you have 3 other positive experiences to remember.
Time for an update Debbie. I want to see more pics of Thomas!
I'm finally catching up with your blog... what a cutie! Love the little blue outfit.
Post a Comment