Joshua's classmate, Katie, earned her angel wings less than a month after her 10th birthday on October 21st. She was diagnosed in the spring with an inoperable brain tumor. There are pictures of her from Halloween last year, healthy and happy, on her website. It terrifies me to think of what a year can hold, or even a day for that matter. Life is so precious and too short. We grieve with her family. Her obituary shared that a new baby is on the way for her family. I pray that this new life will ease the pain and comfort them with joy renewed.
As I picked out pictures for this post, I was counting my blessings of my sweet boys. I also noticed that it will be very difficult to get a good picture for my Christmas cards this year. I can't seem to get them to look in the same direction and smile at the same time. Luke is at that age where he doesn't want to be photographed and will not smile sweetly for me.

We are enjoying this season of the year. We took a much anticipated trip to Panama City. The boys and I counted down by making a paper chain and removing a link each day. Here is the last chain being removed.
We stayed beachfront as I thought that I may have to stay in the room with Thomas. I knew that I at least wanted to be able to watch the waves while we sat in the room; however, it turns out that he is a happy camper just about anywhere. So, we sat under the umbrella on the beach while the boys played.
The first couple of days were really cold and windy, but by the last day, we got to stay out most of the day with warm weather. It was hard to come back home to the cold, rainy weather that we were having here. I tried to do pictures on the beach, but I have decided that next time, we'll just hire a professional.
The weather has finally turned perfect for fall. We were able to make our trip to the pumpkin farm and ride the hay ride. The boys loved it. Luke asked if we could go back everyday. We also went over to one of the state parks and hiked to the waterfall. The leaves were beautiful, and it was just a wonderful day.

Our little guy is growing up too quickly for me. At his two month checkup, he weighed 11 lbs 6 oz, up 4 lbs from birth. I was so excited, since we had a little issue with weight gain the first couple of weeks. I am savoring all his little expressions, like the way he coos and smiles, the way he holds his hands in a fist with his thumb inside, the way he stretches out his chubby little legs when I change his diaper, and the way he responds to his brother's voices. I guess that I'm a little sentimental watching my last baby grow up. I just want to capture it all in my memory!
2 comments:
Thomas is growing up so fast! Love the pictures and so glad you spent some quality time at the beach. I look forward to taking Leighton for her 4 mo appt in a few weeks to see how big she is! She loves to eat. And thank you for the reminder to Count our Blessings...I need to print that and plaster it all over my office.
Awww, Debbie, you made me choke up. You are so right. The time goes by so quickly, and it's so easy to forget to enjoy the little moments that we will never have again. I sometimes wish I could just freeze time to make it last just a little bit longer! So glad to see you and the fam doing so well. Love ya.
Post a Comment