Sunday, December 6, 2009

So much time and so little to do...

"No, reverse that!" In case you don't recognize the quote-it's from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This week Joshua will play Charlie in Willy Wonka Jr. at his school. I am so excited and nervous for him. He has to sing and is in about every scene. He only complained a little and that was to say that he was on stage the "whole time." I think he wants some time back stage to play with his friends. Say a prayer that he doesn't deal with stage fright this week!

I know that it's been a while since I've posted, but I'm going to blame that on having four children! We have been busy going and enjoying fall. The boys are anxious to welcome winter (I think they think it means snow, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for snow not ice). But to recap our late October and month of November and first week of December...

-we carved a pumpkin (Mickey Mouse style at Luke's request)

-the boys enjoyed a few fall festivals and treat gatherings (I can't believe that I don't have a picture of the army man, Batman, Anakin Skywalker, and my little pumpkin).

-Joshua's soccer team won their division.

-Caleb continues to enjoy gymnastics, and I'm amazed at what he's learning.

-Luke started preschool once a week, and he loves it. It gives me a morning to focus on school work for Joshua and Caleb. A win-win! Here is a picture Caleb made with watercolors...it's him giving me a flower. Then he took it back and added the red "hearts".

-Matt finished another semester of his MBA program...woo-hoo!

-Jean and Mimi both got good reports from their latest PET scans. Jean's cancer is gone again, but she's dealing with some negative side effects. David has retired, and they are focusing on her care. She is currently on medical leave as she tries to rebuild her strength. Mimi's cancer is holding steady and not as active as it was, she continues chemo with the prayer that it will continue to hold the cancer at bay for a LONG time.

-Joshua went hunting with his Uncle Chet, and they shot a deer. Although I have hit two deer in the past year, I was not excited to see the one they brought in from the woods. I took the required pictures, but I'll spare you...you can thank me later, although Joshua's smile is priceless and now we have deer meat to last a while.

-We had a great Thanksgiving with all of Matt's family and my Mom. We also got to spend an afternoon with Dad. Matt and I took a night away to do our Christmas shopping so I was able to sleep in instead of battling the Black Friday crowds.

-today we celebrate Caleb's sixth birthday. He was so excited to open his new Bakugan brawlers starter pack. Now, if we only knew what to do with them.
Hopefully, I will be back before year end, but I'm not making any promises! I keep singing a song from the new VeggieTales DVD, and I hope it applies to you - "I can love because God loves me, I can give because God gave." Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Wow, your boys are growing up so fast. Love all of the pictures and I am glad Luke is enjoying pre-school! Hadley starts in January and I am already nervous for her :) Enjoy the holidays and you try to get some rest.

Jules said...

Cute pumpkins! The real one and the 4 live ones :) Happy Birthday to Caleb and hope you all enjoy your holidays!

Takoma Volpe said...

Happy Birthday to Caleb! LOL about the Bakugan - we wouldn't know what to do with them either. I can't believe Thomas is so big already - they grow so fast!! Have a great Christmas!!