Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Caleb

Caleb turns 7 today. Matt has his final MBA presentation at 2:00 today, so we plan to celebrate both milestones this evening with something fun. Caleb has been looking forward to his birthday and on several days has asked if his birthday or Christmas was first. He was trying to arrange his gift wish lists so that what he wanted most would come first. Prioritization, you see.

Thomas is adjusting to his new diet. I found out that you can mix a can of pumpkin with a regular (chocolate) cake mix and bake it. So, we had "healthy" cake this week! It was a treat for Thomas, and we all enjoyed it too. He loves baked goods, and he will cry if someone has a muffin or cookie and doesn't share. I also made banana chocolate chip muffins and substituted 2 TBS cornstarch for the 1 egg, and they turned out great as well. Who knew? I'm so thankful for the internet in times like these! Lastly, we made pancakes using Bisquik. The recipe calls for an egg, but I left it out. He loved them, but they were a little different texture than the batch I made with an egg.

So, the Christmas season is upon us. This is not exactly a partridge in a pear tree, but rather a regular bird who somehow got into our house and perched upon our Christmas tree. I think she was gathering stuff for her nest! After worrying how we would ever get her out, I opened the front door, and she was quickly on her way.


Thomas got his first haircut with Mimi, following the tradition of his brothers. He was so sweet, and it brought back memories of the other boys who were not so nice, but I won't name names!
Enjoy the rest of 2010! Christmas cards are coming soon!



4 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Have a wonderful holiday season!!

Takoma Volpe said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! I can't believe he's going to be 7! How fast it all flies. Happy Christmastime!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Love the pictures of little Thomas. I make pumpkin muffins with canned pumpkin and spice cake mix - no eggs - I'll try chocolate next time! Have a wonderful holiday season and congrats to Matt as well!

At Home Together said...

These are WONDERFUL pictures, Debbie. Caleb is growing into a fine young man as are the other Ward boys!