We have some amazing boys. When people see us with 4 boys, they will sometimes make comments. These comments will be encouraging like "I came from a family with 4 boys (or lots of kids)" or they will make us shake our heads like "better you than me". Sometimes they simply share their thoughts like "I don't know how you do it." And to be honest, there are days when I don't know how I do it. Just put one foot in front of the other, try to get a good night's sleep, and try again the next day. Then, there are days when I just sit in awe of my blessings. I wanted to write down some of the things that make me smile.
For example, we finished the basement so Joshua and Caleb could move down there in a room together. After a couple of months of that, they wanted to be back upstairs, so now they all three sleep in what was supposed to be just Luke's room. We have a double/single bunk bed, and they can be so sweet at night time.
Joshua:
-he loves to play with Thomas and Thomas loves him too
-he is super excited about getting a little sister and his heart seems to understand the plight of the orphan
-he would rather be Davy Crockett, Johnny Tremain, or Almanzo Wilder than to have to do a day of school work
-he reads books to his brothers before they go to bed at night (right now, it's Henry Huggins)
-he loves Legos and has organized forts for himself, Caleb, and Luke in the playroom
-he calls Grandma often just to tell her how the day is going
Caleb
-he loves to snuggle and get his back rubbed
-he is reading on his own, and doing very well!
-he is an awesome video gamer, we often send him ahead while we wait and then "bubble over" on Super Mario brothers
-he says he wants to design video games when he grows up...I told him I know a great school he can go to for that
-he is quick witted and often takes things literally, which can be funny at times
-he LOVES his Mimi
Luke:
-he smiles so easily
-he forgives so easily (I forgot his show and tell for preschool and instead of instant meltdown and me scrambling to find something in the car that would work, he simply said "it's okay, mommy")
-he loves to help me cook, if I'm in the kitchen, he wants to be right beside me
-he loves bubble baths
-he LOVES his Grandma
Thomas:
-he also smiles so easily
-he will come up and pat me on the leg three times, when I look down at him, he will either hold his hands up to be picked up or he will play peek a boo
-he knows the signs for milk, more, please, what else does a kid need?
-he LOVES his daddy, and it is the sweetest thing to see him toddle up to Matt with his arms raised when he comes home from work
Now, don't get me wrong, they definitely have those moments like when Thomas is asleep and they run screaming down the hall and wake him up or they dogpile each other until someone gets hurt or Thomas throws a pencil in the toilet that Joshua is in the process of using then Joshua's aim goes awry and it has to get cleaned up...you get the idea.
But, we are so blessed.
Lap loom
13 years ago
3 comments:
I love this post. Love love love it. I need to write it down, too. You are such a good mom, Deb. I'm inspired.
Great to see you all are doing so well! I look forward to meeting all of your boys (I think I've only met the older two) soon. And are you adopting a little girl?
Blessings to you and your family!
I'm one of those that doesn't know how you do it :) But, it does seem that whatever God gives us, we "just do it" and try to do it the best that we can. You guys are doing a great job with your family, your little men will grow up to be wonderful big men :)
Post a Comment