Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hooray, it's happy!

We've spent the last month getting ready for summer.  We finished up our school work, and the boys finished up soccer.  Now, they are in the middle of drama camp to get ready for The Jungle Book play that happens this weekend.  Joshua is Mowgli, and Caleb is multi-talented as a wolf cub, a bee, and a monkey.  Look for pictures next week!  We cut Joshua's long hair on Saturday, and he leaves for Boy Scout camp on Sunday.   



So, I thought that I would be creative and make the kids a couple of sensory buckets.  One had rice, and one had beans.  Had, being the key word.  Right after I took these pictures, I went in to cook dinner.  A few minutes later, I heard all the beans and rice tossed together, on the table. 

Well, it was a good idea while it lasted.  Now the birds are eating the rice.


I woke the kids early one morning and threw them in the car so we could drive over to Helen to see the hot air balloon launch.  Every year, there is a hot air balloon race to the sea that starts in Helen.  The web page says they lift off at 7, and by golly I wanted to be there for lift off.  We got there at 7:15 and saw three balloons.  I was so disappointed, I thought we had missed the rest.  I soon found out that those were the first to lift off, and the rest were still trying to get inflated.  So, we found a parking spot and watched some of the action.  Then, we headed to the German bakery and enjoyed doughnuts, a German treat, I'm sure.

Afterwards, we headed back through Helen past the balloon take off area.  One balloon was left, and it was a zebra.  It was tethered and must have been doing balloon rides.  I stopped to take a picture and Thomas piped up "hooray, it's happy!"

There was a bride and groom in the balloon taking wedding pictures.


There is a mama cat who had kittens over at Papa's house.  We have been loving on the kittens.  They are so tiny, I can hold two of them in one hand.  I hope maybe they will warm up to us enough that we can pet them as they grow older.  Mama cat will come eat food at our house, but she doesn't want to have anything to do with us.

1 comment:

Chenning said...

Hooray, it's happy! I love that! What a sweet and happy boy :-). Glad you made it to see most of the balloons launch. How fun! Sounds like summer is in full swing over there :-). Love, Chenning