Monday, May 27, 2013

How long has it been?

I finally took some time to download pictures from my camera.  I then realized how far behind I am in blogging!  So, here goes a long update.

A has her Papa wrapped around her finger.  Every Sunday after church, we have lunch at our house.  She has to be the center of his attention.  He usually will swing her on his thumbs, but this week she wanted him to read to her.  I love the cool glasses she chose!


Easter Week was extra special to us this year.  After our Thursday night communion, Luke prayed to accept Christ.  He said he wanted to wait to be baptized until he was 7. 


J turned 12 with a spend the night party with his buddies.  Airsoft guns are the big thing with boys these days, so they decked out in their gear and ran around the yard shooting at each other.  They were so proud to show off the welps left by the small plastic pellets.  Boys!

Our homeschool group took a field trip to the zoo.  Not a very good picture, but I wanted to document the trip.  It was fun to visit with everyone, and we had a picnic lunch by the river afterwards. The kids had more fun playing in the water than seeing the animals.  We got to see the baby giraffe that was born not long ago at the zoo.  We had watched the video on youtube of its birth.

J recieved the rank of First Class scout at his troop's court of honor.  He has worked really hard at his badges and rank requirements towards Eagle Scout. 
 

T and A finished a wonderful year of preschool with an ice cream party.  I was absolutely thrilled with the program and how much they learned this year.   Next year, they will be attending the preschool at the high school.  This is the same program C and L went through with the high schoolers as teachers.  It is a great lab program for students who are interested in pursuing an education degree after high school.  We will miss the current school, but the cost and distance will make a big difference in our budget!


No comments: