
Welcome to our newest member of the family! Our niece, Katelyn, was born Tuesday morning weighing in at 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/2" long. She is having some breathing problems which they say is normal with c-section babies. They have her in the NICU for observation but say that she will most likely go home Saturday. Quite scary for Chet and Amanda (and all of us), but the doctors seem to feel that all is well. Isn't she beautiful? We are anxious to see and hold her!
My other niece has decided to take her sweet time in arriving. Poor Kim is so ready to have this baby, but the dr visit on Monday and the ultrasound today both say that Jenna is perfectly happy right where she is. So, the waiting continues...
I had a scary time with Luke this week. It was one of those "I'm a terrible mother!" moments. I had taken the boys for a walk to Mimi's house. Luke was in the stroller, and the boys were playing around him. I went in the house to drop off some mail. When I came out, Caleb had pulled up all the rugs in front of Mimi's house. As I tried to straighten them out, I heard a crash and Luke started crying. I went to see what happened and figured out that he had wiggled out of the seat belt, stood up, and turned around in the stroller. It had then tipped over and he caught the ground with his chin. When I picked him up blood was dripping from his mouth! I cleaned him up and got him calmed down. Later, I realized that he also had a chipped tooth, the tooth next to the front tooth. We went to see the dentist. Luke has a low fraenum (the skin that connects the top lip to the gum) and it causes his front two teeth to have a gap. The dentist had told me 6 months ago not to worry about it, because the dentist said, "he will probably fall and break the fraenum and when he does it will bleed and bleed." Guess what? He broke the fraenum and it bled and bled! His lip was really swollen, but it looks better now. The dentist wants to see his tooth again in a week to make sure that it is not turning gray indicating root damage. Anyway, he is healing nicely and this is a friendly reminder to always keep an eye on your kids in the stroller!
Oh, the stories of boys!
2 comments:
Deb, Try not to feel too bad. Mia has both chipped her front tooth (well, actually I did it, but that's another story for another day) AND damaged it to the point that it is now grey tinged.
I'm so sorry you had to go through that, though. It's so scary to watch your children have accidents, isn't it?
Love, Laura
Congratulations Aunt Debbie! Hope everyone is now home and doing well.
Sorry to hear about Luke's accident, you are a wonderful mom so don't feel bad.
Post a Comment