Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Remembering the Olympics

I really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. Of course there was all the hoopla over Michael Phelps and the gymnastics team, but every night about 8:00 (when we were home), I wanted to flip it on just to see what was going on. NBC did a great job with the broadcast. However, I think another reason that I so much enjoy the summer Olympics is because somehow it takes me back to 1996. Memories of that summer flood my mind anytime I hear someone mention the Olympics. So, I thought that I would add a little tribute to the summer Olympics. Here's a picture to take you back (some of you more than others!). Names have been removed to protect the innocent, but you know who you are!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

96 was so much fun; it's hard to believe Atlanta hosted the Olympics as I look back on it. And all of the concerts we saw - Ray Charles, Tim & Faith (before they were a couple), Hootie...and who could forget the Swedish boys that were Olympic wannabes. Good times. Those girls in your pic look so cute :)

Jules said...

Who are dem purty gurlz?

Takoma Volpe said...

Debbie! Thank you for this! Aww! Look how young we look (though you and Amanda don't look a day older)! I too reminisced as I watched this year - and stayed up WAY too late! What fun - do you remember the places we got into with our cool Olympic village badges? Too cool.

Seems like a lifetime ago. Thanks for helping me remember.

:) L