Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saying Goodbye

I'm writing this post early, because I know that I will be busy today with packing and making sure we don't forget anything.

Last night, we picked up the hosting chaperone/lead translator and took her to dinner. We got to have a real conversation with Armands about his visit. He said that he likes America.  He said that he has lived with his foster family since he was 8 (he is 14 now).  He likes swimming, and biking, and jumping on the trampoline. After dinner, we headed to a Farewell party for the host kids and families. It was at an indoor jump place, and the kids jumped until they were worn out and stinky and sweaty. Armands even dragged me into a jump house and down a big slide. He was so excited to have me jump with him. He's like a little kid in a big kid's body!

I probably won't post any pictures of him these last couple of days. He had quite an accident on the bike, face planting in our driveway, and he has quite a bit swelling and road scrapes. He is very insecure about it, and I completely understand. He is worried about what his foster mom will think and what the kids at school will say. I am praying that the swelling goes down soon, and then it will just be scabs and bruising. Not the best, but still better than now. Someone asked me if his upper lip had been stung by a bee, that's how bad it looks. Poor kid. He was so brave while I doctored his poor face. He scratched his brand new glasses, and our awesome optometrist replaced his right lense. Our awesome dentist also checked his teeth to make sure he had not done any damage to them.

We drop him off at the airport tomorrow morning early, and then we settle back into a family of 7. I don't know what the future holds for our family or for Armands, but I know that I will pray for him and that God who holds him in His hand will lead the way.

 

No comments: