Saturday, March 17, 2007

Boys will be boys!

We had rain on Thursday night, so it created quite a bit of mud at the bottom of our driveway. We share part of our driveway with the entrance to the pasture. Part of it is paved, but where it splits off to go to the pasture is not paved. That's where they found the mud. Joshua said it was slimy, but I say it was stinky. They were already barefoot in it and making mud pies when Luke and I decided to go for a walk to the mailbox. When they came home, I made them strip in the garage before I carried them to the bathtub. They smelled so bad, and the only thing that I kept thinking was that they had been playing in mud that was mixed with cow manure! Oh well, they had fun, and I don't think they ate any of it, although it was in Caleb's hair.


This morning Caleb climbed in bed with us and went back to sleep. A few minutes later, he mumbled something about a "skid steer man". Caleb has been saying lately that when he grows up, he wants to be a skid steer man (meanly he wants to drive large equipment). I guess he's also dreaming of his future! For those of you who don't know, a skid steer is a piece of equipment about the size of a tractor, but it looks sort of like a small bulldozer. The front can be changed out to hold a hay spear, fork lift, loader, scraper or other items. It really comes in handy around the farm, and Caleb cries anytime Daddy or Papa is riding without him (they buckle him into the seatbelt with them and are enclosed in a cage).

No comments: