I was about half way through a post on Jean when somehow my computer restarted itself.
Anyway, David, Jean, and Matt left out Monday evening for the drive to Houston. Matt decided to go with them to help with the driving and get them settled in. Jean had been told to plan to stay for at least a week. So, Matt was going to fly back today, but when they arrived, Jean had tests scheduled for Wed and Thur and nothing else until NEXT WED! So, they are driving back tonight and planning to go back next Tuesday and come home again next Thursday, crazy, huh?
So, they have checked her over and feel that she has caught this at the early stages; however, because this is an aggressive cancer, they are going to treat it aggressively. Right now, from what I understand, they plan to treat her with 24 weeks of chemo (I don't know the frequency), then surgery (one side only, I think), followed by a month of radiation, and more chemo. Whew!
I will post more when I get more info. We are encouraged by the initial information, but we realize that there is a huge hill to climb. Jean also had a full body scan today and will not get those results until next week. We are praying on the "all clear" from the rest of the body.
Lap loom
13 years ago
1 comment:
Debbie,
We're praying for Jean and your family. I have known 3 people in the last two years who have had to undergo treatment for breast cancer - it can be very difficult for everyone. My friend, Karen, is finished with hers and there is no trace of the cancer, and she is getting married in May in Atlanta. (She was in my wedding, if you remember her - blond short hair.)
Anyway, we pray for Jean's strength and for the doctors as well - please let me know if there is anything else we can do from here.
Love, Laura
Post a Comment