Thursday, March 29, 2007

So far this week...

Joshua turned 6 yesterday! After the Easter party, we loaded up and headed to the Mall of Georgia. Every time we saw a construction vehicle, Caleb would yell "digger!" He is obsessed! Matt was on his way back from a training in Atlanta, so we met him at Chili's for lunch. He was traveling with another guy from work, so after lunch, Phil headed back towards Cornelia and Matt got to stay with us. Joshua had his "favorite food in the whole world" for lunch - steak. Then, they sang Happy Birthday to him and gave him a big bowl of ice cream. My plan had been to go to Toys R Us and get Joshua a new bike, then we were going to go across the street and let the boys play at Chuck E. Cheese for a while before heading home. It didn't work out...they didn't have the bike we wanted at TRUs in Buford, so we had to drive to Gwinnett. We got the bike, but we didn't have time for Chuck E. Cheese. They did get to ride the bulldozer in the store, and it was just as good as going to Chuck E. Cheese! Joshua wanted to get home and ride his new bike anyway.
We finished up school this morning, and the boys are outside playing in the dirt. Luke is sitting on the floor emptying the entire toy basket around him. The oven is in self-clean mode making the house smell, so I have the windows open, at least the temp is nice and a gentle breeze is blowing. I also have a load of towels in the laundry, but you'll have to read the story below about Caleb to know why. ;-) Luke has learned to pull up this week. :-) He also has learned to fall flat back in the crib and hit his head. :-( He needs to work on the sitting back down!
Joshua is amazing me at school work. He is reading! It is so neat to see him learning new things. This year, I used a standard textbook approach with books from a very reputable company used by many private Christian schools. I have decided to change next year and use a program called "Animals and Their Worlds" from WinterPromise. It is a year long study of animals across the world, and it comes with a literature package, language arts, and science. I'll buy a separate math program, and I think I know what I'm going to get, but I haven't bought it yet. Jean is still doing well, just tired. She has her 2nd dose of chemo next Wednesday in Gainesville. We are hoping that she will continue to do as well with this next round.

So, I'm sure you are all wondering about Caleb this week? I won't let you down. He clogged up the toilet with toilet paper when he was "wiping" his "bottom". I tried the plunger for a couple of days while Matt was out of town, and although the water would slowly go down, it wasn't unclogged. Last night, Matt tried his luck, and after overflowing the toilet, he finally got it unclogged. So, now you know why I am washing towels!

So, that's it for now. Joshua's Star Wars birthday party is Saturday, and I'll try to post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, hard to believe Joshua is 6!! Hope y'all have a nice weekend!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday to Joshua! Time sure flies - hope he has a wonderful party!

SnowWhite said...

DEBBIE! I just about hollered when I read this post. You and I have sons with the same EXACT birthdate, down to the year, and the same first name! And we are going to study WinterPromise Animals and Their Worlds in the fall too. We must be twins separated at conception, LOL.