Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A few updates...

Jean is doing really well with her treatments. She is having chemo every three weeks. She takes her chemo on Thursday and feels okay enough to teach on Friday. Sat and Sun, she feels pretty rotten, flu like with naseau and depressed. By Monday, she feels okay enough to get back to work and feels pretty good until it's time to take chemo again. She has a beautiful wig and is having fun with pretty hats. Her local doctor seems happy with the progress that she is making. She has one more chemo here and will see her doctor in Houston. According to the treatment plan, she will switch to the once per week chemo for 12 weeks before having her surgery. She is hoping that all the cancer will be gone when she gets to Houston and they will go ahead and schedule her surgery for the summer if she doesn't need the additional 12 weeks of chemo. We are praying for it to be gone in June, but I don't know if they will deviate from the treatment plan or not.

Luke will be 1 next week, so we are having his party this weekend. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown! Jake will be 4 the week after, so his party will be the following week.

Laura mentioned the turtle, so I thought that I would add a picture of him. We assume it was a sea turtle (are there any other kind in the ocean?). He was small for what I thought a sea turtle was supposed to be, so I don't know if he was young or what. He just crawled back into the water and swam off. It made me think of Finding Nemo.

No comments: