Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

We have had a nice weekend working here around the house/farm.

We started things off Thursday night with the year end school "graduation" for Joshua and Caleb. Caleb fell asleep in the car on the way, so we didn't think he would participate, but finally he came around enough to at least go get his certificate. Luke was happy as always! I didn't get any good pictures of the boys on stage, my camera wouldn't focus.

Saturday and Monday, Matt, his dad, his cousin Chris, and the boys worked on the farm. Well, the boys didn't exactly work so much as they "helped", if you know what I mean. They finally gave up and went to Mimi's to watch cartoons. She and Nana and Grandma all have cartoon network, and the poor boys are so deprived since all we have is PBS and local channels. I did get a picture of them on the farm before they left. Also, here is a picture of some of our cows, in case you wondered what they look like. The guys had to weigh and give medicine to all of them, and from the looks of things, we have about 170 now.

I had the radio on all day Monday as I worked around the house. With it being Memorial Day, the DJ said something that caught my attention..."If you can read, thank a teacher. If you can read what you want, when you want, and where you want, thank a soldier." So, if any of you know any current military, veterans, or family, give them my thanks.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Where did you get the picture of the boys done? That is too cute!