Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I just wanted to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all my girl - friends and - family who have children. A very special "I love you" to my mom!

We had a nice service at church this morning, and the boys gave me some gifts they made in their classes. The pastor's sermon was from Proverbs 31: "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." A booklet of encouragement that I recieved from Caleb had these words, "Children have more need for models than for critics. Be a model of God's unfailing, unconditional love...The best legacy you can give your children is to help them discover their God-given identities. Place God's desires for your children above your own."

Matt has arranged for a real babysitter to come to our house Friday night so we can have a date. Will I be able to stand it? I don't know, but I'm excited about a night out!

Joshua made tiles with his picture and handprint that we can use as coasters. Caleb gave me framed prayer with his handprints on it. I need to keep this close by me and refer to it daily. I hope you all enjoy your Mother's Day.


Give me patience when little hands
tug at me with ceaseless, small demands.
Give me gentle words and smiling eyes,
to keep my lips from hasty, sharp replies.
Let not fatigue, confusion or noise
obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys
so when in years to come my house is still,
beautiful memories its rooms may fill.

No comments: