Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Caleb falls asleep at dinner

Poor Caleb was so tired from his long day. Joshua and Caleb spent the night before with grandma. Then, he'd had a busy day with preschool in the morning and a visit to Mrs. Becki's house where the cat screeched at him for pulling her tail. He had spent most of the remainder of the day playing in the yard. We had some friends over for dinner, and while Matt was grilling the steaks, Caleb somehow attacked our dog Charlie, and Charlie scratched him. I had warned Caleb after the cat incident and an earlier incident where I found Caleb lying on Charlie that one day an animal might bite him. He didn't heed my warning, and finally Charlie had enough. We're not sure exactly what happened, just that Caleb ended up with a small scratch on his head. I'm glad that it wasn't worse, but I can't say that I really blame Charlie. Maybe Caleb has finally learned his lesson. Anyway, after dinner, we were sitting around talking, when Tori pointed to Caleb. Being the photo op mother that I am, I had Matt grab the video camera. We watched Caleb nod for a while, and at one point you hear Tori's husband, Charlie, yell out "hallelujah" and Caleb briefly sits up straight. After this video, I got Caleb dressed in pjs, dirt and all. Five minutes later, he was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, like the snoozing incident had been just enough to energize his batteries. Go figure, and enjoy the video!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

1 comment:

Takoma Volpe said...

Too hilarious, Debbie!! I'm so glad you got a shot of that on video. Hee hee.