We went last night with Mom to her church for the Passion Play, the adult choir sang while the children acted out various scenes from the life of Jesus. Before the play started, Joshua was very curious about the tomb on stage. Matt told him to go look at it, but he's a little shy. Caleb grabbed his hand and said "come on". The boys went up the steps and started to peek in the empty tomb. I could hear giggles from all over the auditorium, and since we know a lot of people at her church, I bet they were thinking "look at those Ward boys". I was just hoping that they wouldn't knock over the huge styrofoam stone next to the tomb!
They came back from their adventure, and Caleb said, "the tomb is empty". To which Matt replied, "Jesus is risen". Caleb got a funny look on his face, threw up his hands and said "But Jesus didn't do anything wrong." I leaned over to Matt and told him that Caleb thought he had said Jesus is in prison.
Even at three, Caleb knows that Jesus was sinless. Caleb's also quick to state that Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins. Thankfully, He arose three days later. That is the reason for the season. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
Lap loom
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment