Thursday, April 19, 2007

How long has it been

since I have posted? Almost two weeks! I try to think of where the time has gone, and I'm not sure. I spent the week after Easter trying to recuperate from all the activity the week before Easter. Ana was living with us, I had to take Jean for chemo, my mom for a dr visit, we spent several hours Sat. shopping for a new lawnmower, we had Easter lunch here, then we went to Gainesville to visit Ana's mom in the hospital and my good friend Tori and her new baby Noah at the hospital, the next day I went back to Gainesville to pick up Ana's mom from the hospital and spent the next couple of days trying to get some things settled for Ana and her mom. I sort of felt like a social worker! Joshua has had soccer twice a week, too! Anyway, I think after all that, I just needed some time to rest. This past weekend, we shopped for lawnmowers, again, and visited a goat farm with the boys. They loved playing with the baby goats, and of course, now we may have goats in our future on our farm. Matt will have to build some fences and a shelter, so, we'll see.



The boys especially loved MaeBelle, and she would follow them around trying to play with them.





We finally bought a lawnmower, so that is behind us! I did my monthly visit to the hospital today to meet the new moms. I only had one today, she was Spanish speaking, but her husband spoke fluent English. They were super nice, and I felt really bad that I didn't have enough courage to try out my Spanish for her. We had to make a dr visit today, Joshua has strep throat again. Luke is getting more and more mobile, and accident prone. He did a face plant on the hardwood floor and busted his lip. Joshua was trying to "help" him crawl faster. Poor Joshua, he felt so bad!





See my swollen lip and the mark on my head?






Luke later smashed his finger in the drawer and hit the cabinet door on his head. Today, when I went to get him out of his crib, he was standing up and jumping and bumped his lip again on the rail. Poor thing, I hope this isn't a glimpse of what is to come! Caleb has been pretty tame for the week, so no funny story, unless you count the time that I found him squatted on the bathroom counter shooting the mirror with a water gun...

1 comment:

Takoma Volpe said...

Oh Debbie! I love Nubian goats! I do hope you get one, they are adorable and so much fun (I was in 4H growing up, we had friends who had one.)

Poor Luke - Elena is in a similar boat. We are planning on replacing our hard coffee table finally with a soft ottoman now that Mia killed her tooth on it. I guess the little ones benefit from the older ones' mistakes somewhat. I hope Luke grows out of the bumping stage soon.

Love, Laura