This has been a busy week. Analicia, Matt's cousin's daughter, has been staying with us this week. It has been fun having a 16 year old girl in the house. We took Jean for chemo on Thursday, and it went well. While we waited for Jean, I took Analicia shopping for an Easter outfit. Have any of you been in the "Body Shop" lately? Quite interesting! The salesgirl even thought that I was Ana's mom! Made me feel old! Matt had Friday off, so he was able to watch the boys while Ana and I took Mom to the eye doctor. It was nice to have some time away from the boys, even if it meant sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours! I got to read three magazines without any interruptions! We had promised the boys that we would set up our camper in the yard and "camp out." Little did we know that Jack Frost was coming our way! The temps got down to 25 this weekend. After our fun cookout of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, Ana, Luke, and I decided to "camp out" in house. Matt, Joshua, and Caleb tried to tough it out in the camper. Matt had to bring Caleb in at 3:30 am, because he was cold, but Joshua managed to sleep through the night. Matt looked pretty rough the next morning. The boys also wanted to include fishing in the pond in their camping trip, but it was just too cold and windy for that. We'll have to try again another time. Again, there are some benefits for living in the woods! We had to get out the winter clothes this morning for church. We'll save the nice, Spring, Easter outfits for next weekend! We had lunch at our house this afternoon...all 14 of us! We had my mom, matt's parents, grandmother, Ana, matt's cousin and his three kids, plus our kids! It was crazy and fun! Then, Matt, Chris, and Ana hid eggs for the kids. We had a great weekend, but I need a vacation!

Joshua and Caleb follow the bunny trail to the living room to find Easter Baskets.
Caleb finds his basket!
Austin, Lexi, Ana, Joshua, Mariah, and Caleb after their egg hunt.
Joshua found the prize egg. He told me to put his winnings ($1) in his savings account. Woo-hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment